The Joys of Parenthood

3.01.2007

The Great Interpreter


Two or three years ago when I would talk to my niece McKenna on the phone I would be totally amazed at my sister for knowing exactly what she was saying even though it sounded like she was speaking jabber walky. I always hoped that when I became a Mom I would have the same talent for interpreting and decoding what my toddler was saying for others.

Guess what????? I've got it...the talent...I've got it! I'm amazed at myself sometimes when I decode Jensen's jabber walky!!! Daddy is getting better and better at it, but I just flat out rock! Must be a Mommy thing.

The latest few interpretations......she was sitting on the deck and patting the spot beside her saying "chair" and looking at Daddy. I was like duh!! She wants you to sit next to her Troy! He went and sat next to her and she was thrilled. Then last night when the neighbor girls came over to play again they were pushing her in her swing and she pointed to the swings next to her and said "weeeeeeee". I told Natalie and Madeline that I thought she wanted them to swing with her and sure enough she was delighted! Last night at dinner she was pointing to the kitchen and saying some word that started with an "s". Daddy thought she wanted him to put SpongeBob on and Mommy was like um she wants a spoon. Daddy went and got her a spoon and she was pleased.

Everyday I await my next interpretation opportunity with delight. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home