Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sube!!!!!!!
This first part of the posting today is a gratuitous shout out to Jensen's Daddy. I've posted about Jensen's favorite phrases a couple of times and have gotten chided for not mentioning Troy's current favorite Jensen phrase. It is "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" when she sees something yummy to eat. Not yummmmmmmmmmmm, but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and her big blue eyes get all twinkly and bright. It is the cutest thing but the next phrase is even better. However mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm will get me some brownie points with the hubby! : )Last night was another (few and far between) Girls' Night In as Daddy (finally) went to Jui Jitzu again. We had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was 2 1/2 hours of hard play and laughter. There was also a serious weepy moment of pride. Jensen and I were going upstairs to draw on her art table and on the way up the stairs she was saying a two syllable word that started with a "s" and ended in an "ay" sound. I was really spinning my wheels in high gear trying to decipher this latest expression, when half way up the stairs the proverbial light bulb came on and I was overcome with pride and a little awestruck to be quite honest. It turns out what she was saying was "sube" which is a Spanish word that means "it raises" and "subir" is the unconjugated form for "to climb", so in this sense "sube" would be "you climb". I knew where she got this once I figured out what the word was...it was from Go Diego Go. We just watched the episode where Diego and Linda the llama are delivering books to the mountaintop library. As they climb up the mountain Diego asks you to say "sube". We end up singing "sube sube" quite a few times as they climb up the mountain.
I am just in awe that a two year old has that good of a memory and comprehension to use English words in context let alone Spanish words! I am constantly amazed and humbled by our little girl.

1 Comments:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Tengo Hombre. Mas Cervesa por favor!
Post a Comment
<< Home