The Joys of Parenthood

9.29.2006

Sleepless in Flower Mound

Miss J decided not to take a nap again yesterday so fell asleep in the car on the way home from day camp and we let her sleep about 1-1/2 hours just like on Tuesday. Here's the difference between last night and Tuesday...........Tuesday she slept through the night and went down easily. Last night not so much. : (

So here's the entire SiFM saga.....
8:35pm - bed time for Jensen
9:07pm - actual time we finally get her to sleep
This just in from Troy: 3:20am - Jensen wakes up the first time of the "night"..somehow I slept through it. Troy went upstairs and just needed to give her back her binky.
3:30am - Oscar is outside and barks waking both Troy and I up. Troy pulls him inside.
3:30am to 4ish - can't get back to sleep because Troy is snoring like a chain saw cutting through our rafters.
4ish - I go to the couch with my pillow only to find Oscar curled up in a ball right smack dab in the middle of it. Since I've now been awake for awhile I really don't care and roll myself up into similar ball taking up a little corner of the couch and with my head up on the arm of the couch. Yea real comfty.
4:45am - Just get to sleep.....Jensen wakes up screaming bloody murder. Troy goes upstairs, and finally gets her back to sleep after a few minutes...it takes raising his voice.
4:51am - Jensen starts screaming bloody murder again. This time I go upstairs after I take a few minutes to unroll myself from the ball I'm in that is. This whole time Oscar doesn't move at all by the way!!!!
4:51am to 5:34am - I try everything: rocking, walking, putting her in the guest bed with me, patting. At some point during this 40 or so minutes Troy comes up and gets in the guest bed with us. Jensen then proceeds to climb on me and at first attempts to sleep but then decides climbing on Mommy is great fun. Troy gets up with her, walks her, lays back down with her on his chest. Not working. I tell Troy to go ahead and take his shower at 5:34....he's now 34 minutes off schedule. When Troy leaves to take his shower Jensen climbs off the bed and attempts to follow him. I pick her up and start all over. Walk, rock, pat, etc.
5:51am - finally get her back to sleep in her crib or so I think.............
5:55am - screaming bloody murder again.....
5:57am - in front of TV watching her favorite show and drinking milk as Mommy has deemed her up for the day.
7ish - as usual when Mommy is mad at her plays the cute card while I'm dressing her. How can you be mad at such a cutie...hey, wait a minute!!!! Oh ok bygones.
7:55 to 8:15 - manages to catch a killer power nap as she falls sound asleep in the car on the way to daycamp.

Needless to say the teachers were told this morning that under no circumstances is she allowed to skip her nap ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home